Friday, March 24, 2017

We Never Have Snow, but We Do Get Cold and Wet

The Outerwear online is so enticing in winter: warm wool coats, mittens and fur snoods, heavy boots, down coats. We have few nights when such might be appropriate. rarely in the daytime after the sun is up for a short while.

Our rainy days are usually the kind of cold that creeps into one's bones, especially those of us who are old. Rarely do I spend a day 'out in the rain.' From the truck to a store front doesn't need heavy gear that is cumbersome in a warm building.

Last year I treated my self to a new London Fog in a dull red, double breasted and hooded. My previous raincoats had zip-out liners that were usually zipped out more often than in. Layers will be more appropriate in this climate. I love the idea of a hood. Cold wind just chills me to the bone. Covering my head makes me feel cozy.

I started buying thin sweaters with a cowl neck. When I feel a draft, I just pull up the cowl for a little while and soon I'm warm again.  Pulling up a cowl in the rain would mean I'd have a wet area round my neck when I got inside, so the hood is a great idea.

I have a very lightweight tan London Fog jacket and a navy Anorak also from the same maker, both with hoods.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Any Spam will be fried.